LA Kings Draft: Daniil Chayka 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile
Unless they package a couple of second-round picks to get back into the first round, the LA Kings will likely have to hope that defenseman Daniil Chakyka is still on the board in the second round. Several media outlets view him as a mid-first-round pick, while others have him slotting to the second round.
A lot depends on what scouts feel he may provide offensively when he reaches his potential. Playing in the OHL during the 2019-20 season, Chayka racked up 11 goals and 23 assists in 56 games for the Guelph Storm. He was a contributor on special teams as well, chipping in two goals and ten assists on the man advantage.
His shot rivals Shea Theodore’s – a big, heavy blast from the point. With the OHL season canceled this past year, Chayka spent the season split between three teams in Russia. He had a combined two goals and five assists in 27 games.
Obviously, he played much better on North American ice the year prior, so there is hope he’ll be able to provide offense from the blue line when he reaches his full potential in the NHL.
A defenseman for the LA Kings to consider if he slips to the second round of the 2021 NHL Draft, Daniil Chayka has a big-time shot.
Daniil Chayka, D
- Age: 18
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 185 lbs
- Shot: L
- Ranked #26 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
- Ranked #39 by FCHOCKEY
- Ranked #23 by NEUTRAL ZONE
- Ranked #44 by MCKEEN’S HOCKEY
- Ranked #5 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
- Ranked #24 by SPORTSNET’S
- Ranked #32 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
- Ranked #25 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
- Ranked #28 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
- Ranked #19 by SMAHT SCOUTING
- Ranked #13 by THE PUCK AUTHORITY
- Ranked #19 by TSN/McKenzie