Surging up NHL Draft boards, Mason McTavish could be in play for the LA Kings with a top-ten pick. The Swiss forward was outstanding in the OHL a year ago.
His rankings are all over the place right now, but Mason McTavish could wind up being a top-ten draft pick. With the LA Kings season now completed, they will soon learn their draft slot on June 2. It’s well-documented the Kings are deep up the middle. McTavish as a centerman, on paper, probably isn’t the first choice, but if he’s the best player available on the board when LA is on the clock, that’s a very good problem to have.
McTavish was without a place to play this past season with the OHL season canceled. As a rookie with Peterborough in 19-20, he finished sixth on the team in scoring and was named to the OHL’s Second All-Rookie Team. He recently helped Team Canada win the Gold Medal at the U18s and earned U18 WJC Top 3 Player on the Team honors.
Mason McTavish, C
- Age: 18
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 207 lbs
- Shot: L
- Ranked #15 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
- Ranked #7 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
- Ranked #15 by FCHOCKEY
- Ranked #21 by NEUTRAL ZONE
- Ranked #16 by MCKEEN’S HOCKEY
- Ranked #9 by SPORTSNET’S
- Ranked #17 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
- Ranked #29 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
- Ranked #14 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
- Ranked #32 by SMAHT SCOUTING
- Ranked #17 by THE PUCK AUTHORITY
- Ranked #11 by TSN/McKenzie