3/30 – Today’s Top Stories About The LA Kings
- Quick’s Ridiculous “Look mom, I’m a scorpion” Kick Save – A must see for every hockey fan. Definite contender for save of the year.
- Kopitar’s Bizarre Goal Against The Jets - Stick throwing is a No-No Mark Stuart.
- Pierre LeBrun Selects Kopitar For The Selke – Read why, and who he’s up against for the trophy, from NHL expert LeBrun. Drew Doughty also in discussion for the Norris Trophy.
- Kings Draft Pick, Nic Dowd, Is Becoming A Late Round Steal – Last year Dowd lead St. Cloud State to the school’s first ever Frozen Four appearance. He’s doing it again and was even a Hobey Baker finalist this year. The Kings lowly 7th round pick of 2009 is emerging as a college star and brilliant hockey player.
- Golden State Producing Hockey Gold – WHL Scout and writer for Communities Digital News, Russ Rankin, put together this short read about California becoming a hockey hotbed. The story highlights the growing number of young hockey prospects native to California, and the possibility of some of them making the U.S. Olympic team in 2018. A must read for anyone following hockey players born and raised in the Golden State. Follow Russ on twitter @russrankinNJD
- Western Conference Playoff Picture – Charles Smith Jr. of The Examiner examines the playoff picture in the West. Read why he believes the Kings could be an extremely dangerous third seed come playoff time. You can find Charles on twitter @TheInsideSports