Well the arbitrations were announced and 21 players and General Managers had elected to try that route in order to get a new contract settled. But I guess that route actually means scaring the two parties into working something out before the hearing actually happens and not actually having a hearing to decide the player’s salary.
The last of those players was Mats Zucarello and he and the New York Rangers avoided arbitration by agreeing on a new one-year deal. So that makes it 21 players that filed for arbitration and 21 players that reached a new agreement before their scheduled hearings.
- Make sure and vote on who you think will start in-goal for Team USA. (Rink Royalty)
- Should the Sabres bring back the Dominator, not in net but get him as a part of the staff? (Sabre Noise)
- The Kings have agreed to contracts with Bodnarchuk and Miller. (LA Kings Insider)
- The Kings will see Joe Pavelski for five more years. (NHL.com)
- Some of these predictions are pretty solid, and some are bold as hell. Like Crosby grabbing 125 points next year. (USA Today)
Highlight Of The Night
How great would it have been if Toews just ripped into Crosby, and talked about how Crosby is overrated. Man I would have enjoyed that.