The Kings made some moves yesterday. It all started with Dean Lombardi shipping out a conditional pick in the 2015 NHL Draft to Chicago and getting gritty forward Daniel Carcillo in return. As that trade was announced, it was also confirmed that the Anaheim Ducks had agreed to a one-year contract with Dustin Penner. A quick little switcahroo for Kings fans to get caught up with.
There could also be some news coming for Kings fans in the next day or so. It has been pushed around various social media outlets that Rob Blake will take over as the new assistant general manager for the Kings, taking over Ron Hextall’s vacant spot. Also, this came up a little late last night so not everyone may be caught up with it, but it sounds like the Kings are shopping Kyle Clifford and the chances of him coming back next season may be dwindling.
- Here is our write-up on the Carcillo and Penner moves. (Rink Royalty)
- Florida is hoping their prospects can turn this team around. (NHL.com)
- Clifford may be moved, but it won’t be to Montreal. (Twitter)
- Blake should be announced as the new assistant general manager later this week. (Mayors Manor)
- We have a poll going on which d-man will be the odd man out come regular season. Make sure to get your vote in. (Rink Royalty)
Highlight Of The Night
Since Blake is coming back to town, it is only right we take a look at some of his biggest hits. Isn’t it?