The first day of the NHL Free Agency was a whirlwind of signings and news. There was plenty of big signings, players leaving teams and even a big trade leaving everyone frantically refreshing their internet browsers trying to keep up. Here is a quick breakdown of what happened.
The Kings lost both Rob Scuderi and Brad Richardson, who signed with the Penguins and Canucks respectively. The Kings also added Jeff Schultz. Daniel Alfredsson came back, but will be playing in Detroit not Ottawa. The annual Bobby Ryan trade rumors came up again but this time he was actually traded and shipped out to Ottawa. The Bruins finally got Jarome Iginla. Ray Emery is headed to Philadelphia. Nathan Horton found a new home in the Columbus Blue Jackets. Check back later for a more in-depth look at the big moves from yesterday.
– The Kings have announced the roster for their development camp. (Mayors Manor)
– How do you like the Horton signing? (Union and Blue)
– Detroit’s newest additions should fit right in. (Octopus Thrower)
– Here is the official list of all the free agent signing. (NHL.com)
– The Sabres stood silent on the opening day of the Free Agency. (Too Many Men On The Site)
Highlight Of The Night
In honor of Alfredsson skipping town, here is one of his more infamous moments.
Tags: Los Angeles Kings