The Chicago Blackhawks had their championship parade yesterday and it is reported that there was an estimated two million Blackhawks fans in attendance. Blackhawks fans were not the only ones cheering yesterday, the Ottawa Seantors received word that team captain, Daniel Alfredsson would be returning for his 18th season with the team. Now all they need is a contract.
The 2013 NHL Draft is just over 24-hours away and that is sure to get the trade rumors up and going. There are several teams with multiple picks in the first round and several other teams with plenty of picks down the line, so there should be plenty of movement once we get closer to kick off.
- USA Hockey has named most of its staff for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. (USA Hockey)
- Martin Brodeur will grace the cover of EA Sports’ NHL 14. (Sporting News)
- Looks like Brad Richards will be a Ranger again. (Twitter)
- After a strong post season, will Bryan Bickell return to Chicago? (Blackhawk Up)
- Will the Bruins give Nathan Horton the contract he wants? (Causeway Crowd)
- The Blue Jackets have signed coach Todd Richards to a new contract. (NHL.com)
Highlight Of The Night
Blackhawks goalie, Corey Crawford must have listened to Jonathan Quick’s speech at last year’s championship rally. Either that or goalies have the foulest mouths in hockey.