Quick this way, hockey is over here. There won’t be any talk about Aaron Hernandez or Dwight Howard here.
Compliance buyouts have swung into full effect. The first announcement of the day came out of Tampa Bay, when the team announced they would be buying out team captain, Vincent Lecavalier. Along with the buyout period opening, the 2013 NHL Draft is just around the corner and there is plenty of news surrounding that as well. Each day it looks more and more like Nathan MacKinnon will be selected by the Colorado Avalanche as this year’s number one pick. Of course there is still three days before the Draft and things can always change.
– Here is more on Lecavalier’s buyout. (NHL.com)
– The Blue Jackets locked up some offense in Artem Anisimov. (Union and Blue)
– The draft is just days away, so now would be a good time to look at last year’s picks. (Rink Royalty)
– The Minnesota Wild locked up Niklas Backstrom for three more years. (Too Many Men on the Site)
– This Boston fan got set up with tickets for life. (ESPN Boston)
– It has been reported that if Kris Letang does not return to Pittsburgh he would want to go to Toronto. Why would you want to go to Toronto? (Twitter)
Last Night’s Scores
There were no games last night. Summer is going to be long.
Highlight Of The Night
Chicago Blackhawks forward and Conn Smythe winner, Patrick Kane was on David Letterman last night. That mullet is a thing of beauty.