Game 2 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final was last night and the Bruins and Blackhawks put together another entertaining tilt. The Blackhawks came out flying and controlled much of the first period, but the Bruins were able to manage the Blackhawks’ flurries and gain steam as the game progressed. Needles to say the 2 teams needed extra time yet again after regulation play ended with both teams knotted at 1. However, this game did not go nearly as long as game 1 before the Bruins won the game, and tied the series at 1 game apiece.
The series heads to Boston for games 3 and 4 later this week.
- The Flyers have had some troubles in the goalie department in recent history. (Broad Street Buzz)
- Jonathan Huburdeau walked away with rookie of the year honors this season. (The Rat Trick)
- 5 things game 2 taught us. (The Hockey News)
- Is Bud Holloway on his way back to the Kings? (Mayors Manor)
Last Night’s Scores
Boston Bruins 2, Chicago Blackhawks 1 OT
- Boston’s Daniel Paille was involved on both Bruins goal last night, assisting on the first and scoring the game winner in overtime.
- Tuuka Rask made 33 saves for the Bruins, 19 of those came in the first period where Rask kept his team in the game early.
- Game 2 was the 26th game that needed overtime during the 2013 playoffs.
Highlight Of The Night
Here is Daniel Paille’s overtime goal from last night. The shot gives the post a nice little kiss on the way in as well.
Topics: Los Angeles Kings