Game 2 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final is set to kick of later tonight. Tonight’s game can either propel the Blackhawks to a 2-0 series lead or the Bruins can tie the series at 1 before the heading back to Boston for games 3 and 4. Can game 2 live up to the expectations that were set by the marathon that was game 1?
- Alain Vigneault is pretty much the next head coach of the New York Rangers. (Blue Line Station)
- Here’s a look back at the Carolina Hurricanes’ season. (Too Many Men On The Site)
- It looks like Nathan Horton will be good to go for game 2 tonight. (Twitter)
- Here is your game 2 preview. (Causeway Crowd)
- Minnesota Wild goalie, Josh Harding, walked away with the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy last night. (NHL.com)
Last Night’s Scores
There were no games last night.
- Both the Bruins and Blackhawks are 2-1 in game 2s this season.
- The Blackhawks are 10-1 at home during the post season.
- Jonathan Toews has won 53 percent of his face-offs during the playoffs.
Highlight Of The Night
Like yesterday, there were no games last night so rather than rummage up a highlight from game 1 that you have seen multiple times since the game, here is some footage of Bruins captain, Zdeno Chara punching Penguins captain, Sidney Crosby in the jaw, played with a very appropriate Ludacris song. Crosby missed some playing time this season after taking a puck to the jaw, so this may be kind of a dick move.