OK, not so creative with the title. It’s late. The game was awesome, so I’ll give you a few quick thoughts before I’m off to bed:
- Coming home from Vancouver with a 1-1 series split is huge. It gives the youngsters confidence that it can be done, it avoids a HUGE (insurmountable?) deficit that a 2-0 result would have, and it means the Kings can win the series without ever winning another game in Vancouver (not my suggestion however).
- Quick let in one questionable goal to be sure. But he was HUGE again. Jonathan Quick from the early part of the season is back. Maybe he got bored at the end of the year?
- Randy Jones and Ivanans need to stay on the bench. They are worthless, and Parse and Clune were both useful additions, and I think their ice time will only increase with the games. Neither of them will ever be Kopitar level impact, but they have something to add, and Jones and Ivanans certainly have nothing positive to add.
- Drew Doughty is a freaking monster. The kid had 32 minutes and 56 seconds of ice time. What the hell is that? Based on preliminary research, that’s literally almost 3 full MINUTES longer than anyone else is playing. Chris Pronger hit 30 minutes, but wussed out at 30 minutes and 1 second. Seriously. I realize the playoffs don’t count, but Drew Doughty should win the Norris Trophy this year. There. I said it.
- Playoff hockey is like crack. I suppose it’s even more true when your team is in it, but playoff hockey is better than any other sport, any other event. The gold medal game between the USA-Canada was a great game to watch and was probably the closest to replicating the feeling, but there’s just nothing like it. It’s just… amazing. Please let us never go 8 years between playoff appearances again.
That’s all for now. What did you think about the game?